With only a few hours until Tyson Fury’s big fight, George unveils Tyson’s final meal that he will be having
As in-camp expert Nutritionist George Lockhart confirmed just this week, Tyson is consuming 2,800 calories per day as he gets in fighting shape, so it comes as no surprise that there is much speculation surrounding Tyson’s final meal!
Scrambled eggs, low-oil fried potatoes, black pudding, avocado
Greek Yoghurt bowl topped with nuts, berries and Manuka honey
Ghee-seared salmon, raspberry salsa, spicy rice and raspberry balsamic dressing
Eight-hour slow cooked barbeque beef brisket with pickled cabbage
Breakfast is at 8am, lunch is on the table at 12, Tyson gets a snack at 3pm and the final meal of the day is at 6pm. The four meals each day - though varying in terms of portion size - are the same for all of the camp house members, so not only Fury but his father John, brother Tommy, training partner Joseph Parker and coach SugarHill Steward.
… but will they all join Tyson in his pre-fight meal?!
One thing we can be sure of, is the inclusion of Manuka honey. One of the reasons George is such a fan of Manuka honey is due to its capability to produce smaller fluctuations in blood glucose and insulin which means it provides a slower release of energy and allows your body to sustain energy for longer.
George uses Manuka in pretty much everything he makes. “I use it for everything,” Lockhart says. “The coffee, the meals, the bowls. It helps out with digestion. A lot of people don’t actually look at the ability to absorb food.”
So let’s now reveal the fuel that will drive Tyson to success in the ring this Saturday….it’s one of George’s favourite recipes, his protein-rich healthy dish based on one of his favourite restaurants back home called Chick Fil A.
“You guys don’t have this here in the UK, but as the name suggests it’s a chicken-based menu so it’s good for lean meat, good protein which will fill you up.
I’ve taken the famous Chick Fil A recipe and added a twist to create my own chicken and rice dish which has been a huge hit here in this Fight Camp with my boys Tyson Fury, Joseph Parker and Tommy Fury. These guys have got to eat well, but taste is just as important.”
“Here’s how I make this Camp Favourite.”
GEORGE’S SECRET HONEY SAUCE
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 cup good Olive Oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place your chicken breast on a cutting board. With your hand flat on top of it, carefully slice the chicken in half horizontally. Trim excess fat as needed.
- In a large shallow baking dish, combine your chicken with 1/2 cup of your milk; and leave it to marinate for at least 30 minutes before draining it.
- Next heat your Olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In another large shallow baking dish, whisk together remaining 1 cup milk and your egg. Stir in the chicken to coat and drain excess milk mixture.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil.
- Start with four large tablespoons of a good quality Greek Yoghurt
- Next mix in a tablespoon of Manuka Doctor honey – any grade will work but I am using the 220 MGO strength Monofloral jar right now.
- Add a little mustard – I use regular yellow mustard
- Add a little BBQ sauce - any will do, but personally I like Kansas sweet
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon
- Add a little salt to finish it off
I prefer to serve this on a bed of rice, lay the chicken on the top then pour over the sauce. It taste like a dream and looks pretty good too. But this dish is really all about the special sauce.
If you get the chance to visit a Chick Fil A anytime you’re in the States, then remember I told you about this one!