If there’s one nutrient which has hit the headlines in recent times it’s Vitamin D.
In England, the NHS recommends everybody take a vitamin D supplement daily to avoid deficiencies caused by a lack of sunlight (1)
Because according to the European Commission, Vitamin D contributes to normal immune system function (2). It’s also been the subject of lots of newspaper headlines recently about its immune system benefits.
Science is still ongoing into how Vitamin D can support the body. But according to a study in the renowned scientific journal PLUS One, more research is needed into the potential link to vitamin D supplementation in reducing the risk of coronavirus infection (3).
Do I have to take a Vitamin D capsule?
No, not at all! Manuka Doctor makes a convenient Vitamin D spray, so you can simply take it with a few squirts pointed towards the back of your throat. The Vitamin D is absorbed into the body with no need to swallow a tablet.
Can you take Vitamin D easily on the go?
At just 20ml, our Vitamin D sprays are perfect to pack in your bag when you are travelling this Summer. But that doesn’t mean it’s not good value for money. Because every bottle contains between 100 and 120 sprays.
Our sprays come in three different strengths. Measured on the MED scale, which relates to the amount of anti-oxidant polyphenols contained inside.
How much Vitamin D do I need?
Adult need a minimum of 10 micrograms of vitamin D a day. This includes pregnant and breastfeeding women, and people at risk of vitamin D deficiency.
A microgram is 1,000 times smaller than a milligram (mg). The word microgram is sometimes written with the Greek symbol μ followed by the letter g (μg).
Taking two sprays 3 times per day will give you the right amount of vitamin D to contribute to the normal function of the immune system.
What does it taste like?
Our Vitamin D Sprays have received amazing reviews since we launched them in 2020. Here is just some of the lovely feedback from customers.
- "Very easy to use and no horrible after taste. I would recommend this product to anyone." Susan C
- "Excellent product---- easy to use & easily absorbed." Virginia P
- "Brilliant, easy to use and carry with. Mother Nature is amazing." Madeline B
You can learn more about our range of handy Vitamin D sprays here.
- NHS Vitamin D advice - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/vitamin-d/
- Vitamin D EFSA - EU REGISTER OF NUTRITION AND HEALTH CLAIMS: https://ec.europa.eu/food/safety/labelling_nutrition/claims/register/public/
- Vitamin D Trial - https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0239252