Sarah, Beauty Blogger at Just Sarah xoxo, has tried out a DIY Mānuka Honey lip scrub recipe for us! An easy to follow recipe to create a simple lip scrub that can be prepared at home
This quick-to-prepare scrub is an essential for every season. We can’t escape chapped lips in the summer or winter, so why not keep a small jar of the scrub to hand, it is so easy to make.
"I would suggest using it a couple of times a month, especially if you are a lipstick gal! Let’s face it, chapped dry lips plastered in matt liquid lipstick is a no go!!!"Sarah
- 1 tablespoon of Manuka Doctor Mānuka Honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Brown sugar
The oh-so simple steps:
- Step 1 - Mix the Mānuka honey and coconut oil together
- Step 2 - Add 1 teaspoon (small spoon) of brown sugar and mix away
- Step 3 - If the mixture is too stiff add a little more coconut oil
- Step 4 - Leave to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften
- Step 5 - Apply to the lips in a circular motion for a few minutes, then dab off
Don’t forget to follow-up with the Manuka Doctor Lip Enhancer for extra soft, plump, kissable lips.
"I love how the sugar exfoliates my lips and gets rid of all that unwanted dead skin, how the honey makes my lips so smooth (this recipe is quite tasty also) and how the Manuka Doctor Lip Enhancer gives my lips that extra boost."Sarah