Our Overnight Lavender Mask wins 'Best Night Cream' in the Notebook Beauty Awards 2018 as voted for by Sunday Mirror Notebook readers.
The Notebook Beauty Awards are truly unique, both in their focus on anti-ageing products and for remaining 100% independent. Each year 700 women give up their own time to test the latest skin care products and give their personal feedback on what they honestly think and feel about them. The only way you can possibly win a Notebook Beauty Award is to create a fantastic anti-ageing product that Notebook readers love using.
The Mirror's website said:
"This cream blew the competition out of the water, with testers loving the immediate as well as the long term effects. Words like fresher, radiant and glowing came up over and over, as well as that holy grail of night cream compliments: just not looking so darn tired."
Their testers said:
"This is a facelift in a jar! I have a deep line between my eyebrows - at first I didn't think it was making a difference but after two weeks it was greatly reduced. After four, it's still there but not noticeable at all. My fine wrinkles seemed to have gone or at least are very fine now."Tracey Quine, Shropshire
"A friend said my complexion looked glowing and asked if I’d changed my make-up! I can only put it down to this. I have used many night creams, from the cheapest to the most expensive I could afford, and I can honestly say this is the best of the best and I’d love to keep using it."Cheryl Davies, Merseyside
And it’s not only Notebook readers who love the Overnight Lavender Mask, our customers love it too!
"Smells fresh and the lavender fragrance certainly helps my sleep. Easy to apply after cleansing my face. In the morning my complexion is clear and bright and my cheeks appear plumped. A wonderful product."Patricia C Age: 61+
The Manuka Doctor Overnight Mask is a lavender scented leave-on gel mask, which not only helps to reduce dark circles, under eye bags and brighten a dull complexion, it also helps you relax for a restful night’s sleep. Wake to visibly hydrated, noticeably smooth, luminous skin.
Sleep is vital to beautiful skin. A lack of it can deregulate the skin’s natural repair and protection processes that occur whilst we sleep. Not only does the Manuka Doctor Overnight Lavender Mask contain Lavender Oil to help you relax and promote a restful night’s sleep, it also contains Glycerin and Albizia Julibrissin Bark to help reawaken a tired and dull looking complexion. Nopal Plant to help speed up the skin’s natural exfoliation process and regenerate new skin. Manuka honey and Hyaluronic acid to boost skin's hydration, increase firmness and refine the appearance of wrinkles. These hard working natural ingredients protect and repair the proteic structures, which in turn promote the visible reduction of dark circles, under eye bags, a dull complexion and drawn features, leaving skin feeling hydrated, plump and healthy. Brighter eyes and a plumped complexion are just a night’s sleep away!
10 Tips for a Good Night's Sleep
- Relax - Whether it’s taking a warm bath, reading a book, or listening to soothing music before bed, make sure you relax.
- Routine - Try to go to bed at a the same time every day and create your own relaxation routine.
- Avoid technology - Ban phones, computers and TVs from the bedroom and avoid looking at them for an hour before bed.
- Create a relaxing ambience - Ensure that your room is the right temperature between 16 °C and 18 °C (60°F to 65°F) also a lack of clutter will relax the mind.
- Don’t clock watch - Remind yourself that resting in bed and thinking nice thoughts is more productive than tossing and turning and looking at the clock every ten minutes.
- Foods for sleeping - Eating healthily improves sleep generally, but some foods are particularly beneficial, such as milk, chicken, turkey and pumpkin seeds.
- Foods to avoid - Spicy food, alcohol and large meals shouldn’t be consumed in the hours before bedtime. Drinking caffeine in the afternoon can affect sleep.
- Darkness promotes sleep - A darkened room helps to promote sleep. Try to block out external light with shutters or blinds.
- Keep active in the day - Physical activity is great for sleep, as well as for your health generally.
- Incorporate lavender into your bedtime regime - Lavender is used in everything from bath bombs to fabric softener because its fragrance helps you relax. Now scientists have confirmed the smell of lavender really does help you unwind. Japanese researchers at Kagoshima University discovered that those exposed to the aroma of Lavender had less signs of anxiety and helped them relax.